Re: Is it me or is Finder scripting broken?

John Stewart

Thanks Bob,

That works but doesn’t solve my problems. I’m looking at the desktop not just any random Finder window.  I have a script that cleans my desktop by moving file/icons around, it won’t work if the Desktop isn’t set to snap top grid.

JBS

On November 26, 2017 at 4:01:16 PM, Robert Poland (rpoland@...) wrote:

tell application "Finder"
activate
if ((current view of window index 1) = list view) then
set wdw to window 1
select wdw -- in case the window was not selected
tell wdw to tell its list view options
set m to width of column id modification date column
set width of column id modification date column to m + 1
set m to width of column id modification date column
set s to width of column id size column
set width of column id size column to s + 1
set s to width of column id size column
end tell
end if
end tell