Re: Trying to move away from Finder...

Michael Grant

What are you using in place of Finder? It remains one of the most scriptable applications, and I’ve found that I can replicate most of the functions of alternatives like Path Finder (at least the ones I’m interested in) in Finder with AppleScript.

Michael

From: applescript@apple-dev.groups.io <applescript@apple-dev.groups.io> on behalf of Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:48:18 AM
To: applescript@apple-dev.groups.io
Subject: [applescript] Trying to move away from Finder...

I'm slowly trying to move away from Finder but I have problems finding equivalents for trivial things that I'm doing, like:

tell application "Finder" to set default_location to (target of front window) as alias

or

tell application "Finder" to set originals_folder to (folder "originaux" of project_folder)

Any advice ?

Jean-Christophe Helary
@brandelune http://mac4translators.blogspot.com