From: AppleScript-Users <applescript-users-bounces+jmichael=apoemail.us@...> on behalf of 2551phil <2551phil@...>
Date: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM
To: "AppleScript Sub-Group groups.io" <applescript@apple-dev.groups.io>, "ASUL (AppleScript)" <applescript-users@...>
Subject: Re: [applescript] What is "system events" ?

Note that you can do the same trick with any other app, too, not just System Events; i.e., see a live view of whatever app’s properties, classes, etc.

The live inspector view, along with the variables view and SD’s dictionary viewer, are really what make SD worthwhile for me. I rarely have need to actually step into the debugger itself thanks to these.

Best

Phil
@sqwarq

On 21 Oct 2017, at 03:58, JMichaelTX <JMichael@...> wrote:

Phil,

Thanks for posting this.  This is a huge tip!
For those that don't have SD6, or, like me, not sure what Phil is referring to, here's a screen shot of the lower Inspector Panel of SD6, after I have entered the simple script below: